Microblading is a form of tattooing done by hand, using a disposable hand tool rather than a machine. This method is used to mimic eyebrow hair & creates soft and natural looking brows. Microblading results vary from client to client but can typically last anywhere from 1-2 years, depending on your skin type, health, sun exposure and aftercare. This is a 2-step process and requires you to come in for a follow up appointment 6-12 weeks after the initial procedure.
First appointment - $500
Touch up appointment (6-12 weeks later) - $150
1 year refresh - $350
After 2 years – full price
A consultation is included in the price of your procedure and allows you to address any questions or concerns you may have regarding the process. This can be on the day of your appointment or at an earlier, scheduled date. Eyebrow design is bespoke to you and your facial measurements and the pigment color is chosen according to what will suit your skin tone, both with and without make-up.
Typical healing schedule for microblading
1-2 days after procedure - Your brows will look 30-40% darker, bolder and more solid than your healed result. There may be slight swelling but typically, as the eyebrow area does not retain much fluid, this will be limited.
3 days after - Your eyebrows will begin to itch and the pigment may appear to be a little raised. Do not scratch or pick at your brows – this can cause scarring and will pull the pigment out. The top layers of skin will begin to shed around day 5 & you will see a loss of color. This is all part of the healing process!
5-6 days after - The skin is now rapidly exfoliating and will shed evenly if left alone. The color under the exfoliating skin will continue to appear light until the epidermis takes on its more transparent characteristics. Again, it is extremely important not to pick at any dry or flakey skin!
30-40 days after - Now is the time to critique your brows! The tattoo has now become part of the dermis, seen under the epidermis. It is perfectly normal for some areas of the tattoo to have lost pigment – this is why the touch up appointment is required. During your touch up, 6-12 weeks after your initial procedure, any sparse areas can be filled and the color can be darkened if you so wish.
· NO water, cleansers, creams, makeup or any other products on treated area for 10 days.
· 4-5 hours after your procedure, clean your brows by wiping once with distilled or boiled water (cooled to room temperature) with a cotton ball or pad. Ensure to squeeze any excess water from cotton ball/pad so that it’s not saturated and then wipe off any ointment or lymph fluids from the brows.
· DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring and will also pull the pigment out.
· Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 3-4 weeks after procedure.
· Avoid heavy sweating for the first 10 days.
· NO facials, Botox, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
· Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
· I cannot stress enough the importance of using a good sunscreen; sun exposure will fade your permanent cosmetics
· If you are planning a chemical peel, laser procedure or an MRI scan, please inform the technician of your permanent cosmetics
· The use of RetinA/Tretinoin or any other rapid skin exfoliation products used regularly on the forehead area will cause the permanent makeup in the eyebrow area to fade prematurely.
· The use of chemical peels and acid peels regularly on the forehead region can also cause eyebrow tattoos to fade prematurely.
Please fill out the form below and Rand will get right back with you.